Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2007, 06:25 AM   #1
Binnkin

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Introduction with an inquiry

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone around here. I discovered this fantastic site a few days ago and have been reading everything I can find whenever I've had time I am currently a senior undergraduate student studying to recieve a BFA in 2D studies with a specialization in photography. I am looking for a school that would allow me to get a masters in game design, intertactive media, etc, but I am not sure if there are any in the mid-eastern area of the U.S. (OH, PA, VA, IL). I've browsed through the list of schools that this site offers but theres simply too many and the majority of them seem to offer BA degrees or certifications. I appreciate any help that anyone can give me, and I just want to say (again) that this site it great.

Best,
Binnkin
Binnkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:44 AM   #2
jillduffy
Administrator

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss421

Welcome! How committed are you to staying on the east coast?

This summer, I talked to a few game developers who studied at Parson's, some upper level and some undergraduate. It's not a traditional game development school, but if you're looking to work in the New York area, Parson's seems to have a good reputation for technology and design related courses. They also have job fairs that game development studios attend.

Surely Philadelphia, some of the bigger cities in Ohio, and elsewhere have similar design/tech schools (?).
Old 09-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
Binnkin

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

I suppose one of primary issues is that I am not sure what programs to look into besides, "game design." I've heard that interactive media could be close but I am not sure what else this area of study could be covered in. I wouldn't mind going to New York necessarily, but another thing for me to consider is that the only major city remotely near the east coast that I've discovered which has video game companies is Chicago, IL.
Binnkin is offline   Reply With Quote