- Design 101: The Structure of Fun
The third entry in Dan Felder's Design 101 series takes a look at the critical event structure that drives gaming narratives and dictates gameplay pacing.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Constructive Destruction
Our readers tackled the difficult task of designing a game based around the destruction of its included environments. Here are our top entries.
- How Elementary Minute's Student Developer Won an Apple Design Award
In this in-depth interview, WatchGames discovers how Austrian student Klemens Strasser made his Apple Watch game Elementary Minute and won an Apple Design Award.
- Design 101: Complexity vs. Depth
The second installment of Dan Felder's Design 101 series explains how depth differs from less desirable forms of complexity within video games.
- Nintendo and DigiPen team up to bring Singapore devs' games to 3DS
Singaporean devs will have their chance to see their games become downloadable Nintendo 3DS titles, with government backing.
- Getting a Job Creating Sound and Music for Videogames
Industry veteran Will Morton gives hints and tips for anyone looking to jump-start a career in gaming audio.
University of Advancing Technology
The only university in the nation to offer 5 game degree programs, UAT’s game development majors equip students with the knowledge of what is involved at all levels of game development—from theory and concept through programming and project production.