- Game Design Challenge: For Your Health
Disease prevention is critical, and video games offer a chance for designers to educate players about their health. Can you design a game that teaches players about a specific disease?
- Commissioning an Artist
Brian Woody outlines the process involved in commissioning an artist contractor for indie and student projects.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Twisted History
Game Career Guide's readers present a series of creative game designs inspired by real-world historical events. Read on for our top picks.
- Postmortem: Dear Stranger's Augmented Reality and an MDA Perspective
SassyBot Studio's Tino van der Kraan takes a critical look back at Dear Stranger, an inventive augmented reality application developed during a 72-hour game jam.
- Balancing Multiplayer Games: Intuition, Iteration and Numbers
As games become more complex, so does the task of balance. Here, Peter Qumsieh explores a number of methods used to obtain balance within multiplayer games.
- The Scale of a Story and the Scale of Mechanics
Christopher Gile examines the relationship between mechanics and story scale among several expansive games, in an effort to find an effective balance between the two elements.