- Seriously Underestimating Serious Games
Kevin Morris offers a postmortem analysis of a student-led serious games project sponsored by the psychological department at Southern Methodist University.
- Results from Game Design Challenge: Insect Invasion
In these winning entries for our latest Game Design Challenge, Game Career Guide's readers craft game concepts in which players control insects in an oversized world.
- Four Memory Problems to Watch Out for in Game Development
Loon Games Studio's Aditya Kulkarni outlines some common memory problems that trip up fledgling developers, and explains how you can avoid them.
- Pressing Play: Advice from Women About Starting in the Games Industry
In this Q&A feature, Katie Gall and Lauren Clinnick ask women in the video games industry for tips and advice aimed at newcomers pursuing a career in the field.
- So you want to be a game developer?
Do you want to make games but don't know where to start? This beginner's guide and list of resources from Theresa Duringer will put you on the path to success.
- Design 101: Emotional Alignment
In the latest installment of his Design 101 series, Dan Felder outlines the emotional elements of games that keep players engaged throughout.