Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2007, 05:58 AM   #21
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2254

Read this article, it should answer most of your questions: http://scientificninja.com/advice/on-game-schools

Also bear in mind that the list I linked to you above contains Game Studios not Education.
yaustar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:08 AM   #22
Marly

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss18

Thanks for your reply. I know that already, I haven't read it too good but I will read it later, I was just looking here to see if there had been any replies. Any replies in the meanwhile are welcome.

Thanks a lot.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:19 AM   #23
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2254

Take a read through this thread: http://www.igda.org/Forums/showthrea...threadid=29410

It should address the same questions that you have.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:01 AM   #24
Marly

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss18

Now, which of the 2 should I read? Or both? Still haven't had time, it's my holiday and I'm constantly busy with things. I will have time later for sure.

Thanks anyway for your advice.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 AM   #25
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2254

Both. You need as many views as possible so you can make an informed decision based on what you want.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:32 AM   #26
Marly

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss18

Thanks for the clearing messages. I changed my mind though. I wanted to study in the USA as much as the Netherlands, but now I only want to study in the Netherlands. This is because my dad says that, if I go to the USA, I will have lot of money problems. This is because the houses are more expensive there, and I will have problems getting a student room there. I would also need some place to go for the 2 friends I'm taking with me and my girlfriend. I have asked how much the studies cost, they say it is around 50.000 - 80.000. If I have to pay this, and the housing costs, I will have an enormous bill to pay. I don't refuse to do this, but I am affraid that I won't be able to make that kind of money, and I don't want to have bills when I get back in Holland. I will also have problems getting a passport for us 4, because America doesn't accept everyone. This is what my father says, I am not sure if it is really the trueth, could anyone approve this?

If you don't agree with this, please say this and say why you don't. Help me wherever you can help me out. If you do agree with this: Could anyone help me find game programming institute's in or near (England, Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, etc.)?? Preferrably in Holland, because that is my own country, and I'd prefer to stay here.

Thanks a lot in advance to everyone that is willing to offer me some help!

Marlon.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:52 AM   #27
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2254

If costs are an issue, consider the Univeristy of Hull. Cost of living is really cheap in that area and the course is pretty decent (hell, I graduated from the MSc Games Programming along with a many others and I believe we all have jobs in the industry).

I would take the time to actually visit the University and area first though.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:05 AM   #28
Marly

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss18

Thanks for your advice, I'll consider it.

In the meanwhile I'd still like people to give me some advice on game programming schools in or near the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #29
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Thanks for your advice, I'll consider it.

In the meanwhile I'd still like people to give me some advice on game programming schools in or near the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance!
In which case I would mention this on GameDev like your last thread there or the IDGA forums. Both communities are MUCH larger then this and you are more likely to get a balanced answer.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:16 AM   #30
Marly

Activity Longevity
0/20 19/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss18

Thanks for the advice. I am a member of GameDev for quite a while now, so I will try it there.

Any advice here is welcome too though, I will look here every now and then.