Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
Siberianhusky89

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss156

@Tom

Alright... I understand... Though, I must admit though, I'm a bit "slow" (in a literal retarded way, but I don't believe I'm actually retarded.) I just have a hard time comprehending things is all : S Sorry if it seems like I'm not taking time to read what you're saying, I am, however... I just have a hard time comprehending what I'm reading.

@EvilLlama

Yeah... I'm gonna try getting that fighting game done. Hopefully find people to help work on it with me. I'm still a tad bit scared, I started College at 18 and I'm still there at 20... I'm just a tad bit scared of what the future will be like cause I'm still unsure of my major and time feels like it's moving by way too fast... *Sigh* I guess you've all gone through this though...
Siberianhusky89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1882
Default A suggestion to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberianhusky89 View Post
I'm a bit "slow" (in a literal retarded way, but I don't believe I'm actually retarded.) I just have a hard time comprehending things is all : S Sorry if it seems like I'm not taking time to read what you're saying, I am, however... I just have a hard time comprehending what I'm reading.
Then, if you know this about yourself, I have a suggestion. You should try reading, then re-reading, then reading a third time, anything that seems to raise more questions in your mind. Then step away from the computer, go do something else for several hours at least (a night of sleep would be even better). Then, after having let the ideas sink in for a while, re-read the article and see if those unanswered questions jump out at you again.
What I'm suggesting is a powerful learning technique that could be very useful for you. And if you give yourself absorption time rather than immediately bouncing questions back to your patient advice-givers, you'll find that they don't tend to get so irritated or impatient.

As it stands, when you immediately bounce questions back, then you're asking the advice-givers to work harder than you do! You're the one who desires knowledge and understanding. So you should be willing to put in an effort to get it.

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
tsloper is offline   Reply With Quote