Go Back   Game Career Guide Forums > Writing
Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2008, 12:22 PM   #11
Guesty81

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss12

Rather than post seperate threads for each review i think its better if i keep them all in one.

Can I just say thanks for all the positive feedback I've got regarding the reviews and with that in mind here's 2 more!

here's some excerpts
"Space... The final frontier, As Captain Kirk or Picard (depending on your age ) utter those immortal words they hit a chord in our soul, demand we ask ourselves the question 'Is there anything out there?' Galaga Legions Boldly answers the question with a psychedelic assault on the gamers' eyes shouting 'Yes there's bloody millions out there... prepare to engage!'

Galaga legions, is the next title released in the 'Summer of Arcade' promotion and comes from the same team over at Namco, who were behind Pacman Championship Edition. Anyone familiar with that title will know how they reinvented the game both visually and through refining the gameplay, yet subtly retaining enough of the original to make it recognisable to the audience. Galaga legions is no different."

READ FULL GALAGA LEGIONS REVIEW

"The Wiimote has become accustomed to its fair share of plastic gimmickry, Golf club attachments, Tennis racket attachments heck even a lightsabre attachment can be found! They all, however share the same trait, that they are pretty pointless addition not giving any benefit to the gamer.

Nintendo like a ray of hope touted that it was releasing a gun attachment 'The Zapper' , turning the Wiimote into a masterful Lightgun. The problem with this attachment was that it was no better (although the addition of Zelda Crossbow training made it a bit more palatable). Worse the Zapper made the gamer hold it like an arm crippling rifle maybe in a nod of respect to the mutilating terror which was the Super scope!"

READ FULL WII PERIPHERAL REVIEW
Guesty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:17 PM   #12
WTF29

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8

Thanks. Still haven't played Bionic.

Anyone else disappointed with how few moves Yoda has in Soul Calibur 4 for 360 or should I just shutup and be happy I get to kick some butt with the little green dude?
WTF29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:03 PM   #13
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1466

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF29 View Post
Anyone else disappointed with how few moves Yoda has in Soul Calibur 4 for 360 or should I just shutup and be happy I get to kick some butt with the little green dude?
I think you should be happy and kick butt! Which is better? Being Yoda and being cool...or...watching Yoda be cool?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:01 AM   #14
EmilyK

Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss27

Guesty, have you used the Games Press forum? I would really recommend using it as many sites offer positions (voluntary and paid) from there. I imagine most of them already have good contacts with publishers for getting review copies, so you probably wouldn't have to worry about spending a fortune on games. In my experience though, you don't usually get copies of the games you actually want!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #15
shane.hendrickson

Activity Longevity
0/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrir View Post
Numeric scores are also a pet hate of mine...
You're not alone. I hate numeric reviews. They have no place in the industry at all.