Old 06-15-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
HagNasty
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss123
Lightbulb Internet Co-Op

Hello, My name is Justin Dooley and I am one of the founders of a new game studio in Toronto Ontario called Darkwater Studios. We at Darkwater know exactly what most people looking to break into the industry are experiencing. We have experienced it ourselves and so, we decided to start up a company instead.

Currently we are developing two demos to pitch to publishers and develop further. In the case that one of these titles are chosen then we will enter full production. One of the things we found was that it is very hard to get a job without experience and most industry experts will say that joining a MOD group is a major asset. Darkwater studios is aware of the growing popularity in game development and the many students graduating without the experience required to land a job and so is doing one thing better then a MOD Group.

I have proposed that during our production phase we could take on Co-op workers for the duration of the title. This will give Co-op workers industry experience on a shipped title. Location is not a problem because everything will be sent electronically, though the working language is English. The fellow founders of Darkwater Studios have agreed to this as it will allow us to increase our man power and the quality of our titles. The only condition is that there is enough response from the public.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a email stating your name, and abilities to:
darkwater@sectionjgames.com

Please include a web link to a portfolio if you have one (Not Required)

C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Java, PHP, SQL, Javascript, Actionscript, HTML, CSS
HagNasty is offline   Reply With Quote