Get the latest Education e-news

Old 05-31-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
josue100

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss7
Thumbs down computer wiz?

Well my question is do i need to know alot about computers if i want to be a game designer? because im trying to enroll at itt-tech for game design and im wondering what type of computers they used either macs or pc. IF you know anything i would aprecciated it even if you dont study at itt-tech you can voice your opinion.
josue100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
Adrir
Administrator

Activity Longevity
1/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1466

You wouldn't need to be a computer wizz to be a designer. Not all games have to be computer games, nor be technically complex. Although if you intended to design hardcore digital games, I would assume a knowledge of a computer capabilities, some basic IT skills and experience with industry standard software packages would be desirable.

I don't know about ITT-T but alot of courses where I am have taught us from scratch; working upward from a strong common foundation.

As far as Mac vs PC, etc. From a user perspective, most systems are fundamentally similar. A word processor is still a word processor no matter which system you use. Both are straightforward to learn and use - so I wouldn't worry about it.

Hope this helps!
Adrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:18 AM   #3
HagNasty
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
0/20 20/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss123

also It tends that audio work is done mostly on macs because of their better memory management. Sometimes the digital art is too but modeling and the like is a PC thing

C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Java, PHP, SQL, Javascript, Actionscript, HTML, CSS
HagNasty is offline   Reply With Quote