Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Cbell77

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3
Default Looking for mmorpg game reviewers

Hi there I am looking for some young or old talent to help me get my new page off the ground mmo-ice.com. Unfortunately at this time I will not be able to pay but in the future repeat business may come with pay. I will how ever post your name and a small picture of you on my site and a link to your own webpage or Facebook or any site you want. If interested please email me at cbell@mmo-ice.com. Thank you for your time .
Old 07-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1882
Default Re: Looking for mmorpg game reviewers

It amazes me how many people start review sites, and come here to fish for free reviews for their new sites. I wonder why so many people do that. I wonder how many review sites the web can support. I guess there must be money in it (when search engines produce links to the review site because the site mentions a popular game, does that generate revenue somehow?).

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
Cbell77

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

Believe it or not there is not a whole lot of money involved. Its more about the community and networking within the field also the desire to create something that is yours. Well of course if you get lucky there is some money to be had :-).

Last edited by Cbell77 : 07-21-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Sigillimus

Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsloper View Post
I guess there must be money in it (when search engines produce links to the review site because the site mentions a popular game, does that generate revenue somehow?).
Yes, technically, if you use things like Google Adsense or Google Adwords. This, coupled with Google's SEO (for more focused search results and advertisements), can generate a good chunk of profit if the website is popular enough. Both programs generate revenue for the site if the user clicks on an advertisement; the only difference is that one generates revenue from advertisements that are already on your site, while the other does so through advertisements that lead to your website.

It's good to see new review sites coming up, as long as they provide a stream of fresh, unbiased reviews that offer both good and bad points. I always utilize reviews when I am trying to choose a game, especially when it comes to an online game like an MMO. The more the merrier in my book, as differing opinions and articles offer different insight into a game that could make or break a purchase. Though I could understand the annoyance of seeing so many of them advertising at one location.

Last edited by Sigillimus : 07-24-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Cbell77

Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

My new webpage is up and running. I am still looking for reviewers email me cbell@mmo-ice.com. If I choose your review I will include your name and a thumbnail picture of yourself to my site plus a link of your portfolio webpage or anything you like!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #6
ronniedavid

Activity Longevity
0/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss13

what is new webpage? which related? okay i will be contact you
Closed Thread