Old 03-19-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
JustOneWillingSoul

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Composer Available to Score Indie Games/Projects for Credit

Hello all,

My name is Matthew Waldron, I am a Summa Cum Laude graduate of Northeastern University with a BS in The Music Industry and have completed certificate programs with Berklee College in Audio Production and Music and Sound for Film, Television and Video Games. You can check out some of my work on my website at the address provided below (or I can send you demo material directly on request).

I am currently trying to break into the video game industry and as such am just starting to assemble a solid portfolio of works I can show off to prospective employers. It recently occurred to me that developing this portfolio also provides an opportunity to collaborate with fellow indie game developers and offer my services as a composer.

So here's the scoop: I know I do not have the clout or experience at this point to ask for monetary compensation for a contribution to even an indie game. However, I do feel I can provide a quality product and am capable of taking on any new challenge in game audio. So, if you are an indie designer/developer looking for someone to write music for your game, I would be more than glad to discuss the project further and provide my musical services for nothing more than credit as a composer and the right to use excerpts of the material as part of my portfolio. If you want you can use me as a backup to someone with more experience to get a free alternative just in case you end up liking what I provide better (discarding it if you do not). I would be glad to sign any necessary licensing/work-for-hire agreement you deem appropriate, and I can even provide this documentation if that makes life easier, as I do have a strong background in copyright law and related fields.

Basically, I get something to add to my portfolio so I can hopefully break into the video game industry and you get a free service for your indie game. Since you are under no obligation to me, it's essentially a no-lose situation on your end.

I use Cakewalk Sonar for midi composition, Pro Tools for production and Kontakt 3 by Native Instruments for samples. I have a few other programs I can employ as applicable. I principally compose for traditional full orchestra, but am certainly capable of other forms of composition and would be glad to take on any challenge you may present to me.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in my offer or would like to learn more about me. I look forward to hearing from others aspiring to succeed in the video game industry and the opportunity to collaborate on some great games!

Best Regards,

Matthew Waldron
mwaldron.videogames@yahoo.com
www.mwaldronvgs.wordpress.com
JustOneWillingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote