Old 05-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #1
BudBundy

Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4
Default Job Interview Help for LT Tester position

Hello ,

Tomorrow i will have a phone interview with EA for the LT tester (Turkish) position. Since i already passed all tests and spoke to the human resources lady for hundreds of times , i am assuming this is the last step. At first they wanted to meet up in Madrid but then they decided to do it on the phone when i told them that i am in Barcelona.

HR lady told me that this interview will be with the people from LT Department and it will take aproximately one hour.

I am trying to prepare for the interview but i am not really sure what to cover. I obviously went throught my CV several times but there is absolutely nothing even remotely related to LT testing on my CV so i don't know what they can ask from it. I am also searching previous EA games etc but i don't know what else to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #2
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1880

Read http://www.sloperama.com/advice/lesson5.htm for ideas what a testing interview might entail. As for localization testing (a specialization within QA), your language skills are what they'd be after.

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:00 AM   #3
BudBundy

Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4

I have good communication skills both in English and Turkish but the thing is i stutter sometimes. Sometimes i can talk fluently for hours but sometimes i just can't get a word out of my mouth for 10 seconds.

I don't know it will be easier or more difficult to make an interview on the phone. Becase if i can't say a word , they won't see me , they will just hear silence. I am not sure if i can explain them the situation in the begining of the interview.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2270

Explain it in an email prior to the interview.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
tsloper
Super Moderator

Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1880

And mention it again at the beginning of the call. "I hope you'll bear with me if I stutter."

PLEASE do not use this website's PM feature to contact me.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:41 AM   #6
BudBundy

Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4

I sent an email to confirm the interview and took this opportunity to inform her that i stutter.

She told me not to worry because for the functions of the position , this won't be an obstacle by any means.

Interview in 5 hours!
Old 05-11-2011, 05:57 AM   #7
BudBundy

Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss4

Appearently EA is outsourcing his tests. A guy from the test company called me asked me questions for 40 mins and told me he will let me know in 2 to 4 weeks because they don't know either if EA will give them the project or not.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
lab101

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Help For Interview

I would also prepare by coming up with some good answers for situations that could happen and how you would handle them. In my last interview I was really surprised by all the questions that revolved around how I would handle situations that came up. How do you make decisions, how do you handle other employees that you may not get along with, what would you do if you caught someone stealing ideas, itc. Stuff like that. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudBundy View Post
Hello ,

Tomorrow i will have a phone interview with EA for the LT tester (Turkish) position. Since i already passed all tests and spoke to the human resources lady for hundreds of times , i am assuming this is the last step. At first they wanted to meet up in Madrid but then they decided to do it on the phone when i told them that i am in Barcelona.

HR lady told me that this interview will be with the people from LT Department and it will take aproximately one hour.

I am trying to prepare for the interview but i am not really sure what to cover. I obviously went throught my CV several times but there is absolutely nothing even remotely related to LT testing on my CV so i don't know what they can ask from it. I am also searching previous EA games etc but i don't know what else to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
DaveW

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1

I must agree with Lab101. It is amazing how many employers are doing personality profiling during interviews. They tend to ask the same questions more than once just wording it differently. I guess they want to catch you contradicting yourself. Be prepared for anything and try not to get flustered. Good luck man!
Closed Thread