Forum Home Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
AlanChavez

Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Can anyone help me to polish my resume?

Hello,
I am a computer science student and I am about to graduate. I would like to apply to DigiPen for a masters in Computer Science.
My GPA is 3.5 (overall) and 4.0 in Computer Science, I have research experience because I have interned in one of the most prestigious National Laboratories in the United States, and I've also been working as a research assistant for about 4 years now.
I have a very solid background with C/C++ and Java specially on topics like multithreaded and parallel programming, as well as High Performance Computing, I also have a very solid knowledge on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
The only problem I see, is that I am studying in a tier 3 university.
This last summer, I applied to several game companies like Blizzard, Zynga, Electronic Arts, but all of them rejected me. However a lot of good universities and a company in China wanted me to intern with them, I had three choices and I finally decided to intern in a National Laboratory because of the prestige.
I am confident of my abilities of a programmer and a worker, I am a good and smart student and I can learn really fast. I consider myself as a must-have for most companies, but I haven't done any significant demo, or at least anything that I consider presentable.

I just want to know if someone can help me to build an eye-catching resume for game companies, or even an eye-catching resume for good schools in video games programming, like DigiPen.

A lot of people have told me that i shouldn't waste my time and knowledge trying to get into the video games industry, but this is what I want, and I want to get in as soon as possible, that's why I was looking for internships in companies like these ones.

I also have experience developing apps for iPhones and Androids, as well as a very very solid background on Flash/AS3 and Networking, but I just can't get an opportunity.

Any ideas?
Thanks a bunch!
Alan
Old 07-16-2011, 04:37 AM   #2
yaustar
Administrator

Activity Longevity
2/20 19/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2268

To polish something something implies it already exists in some form. Can we see it in its current form?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
AlanChavez

Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2

Yes of course, but I wouldn't like to put a link to it here. I'll send you a PM
Old 11-29-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
DavinaPurdom

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Re: Can anyone help me to polish my resume?

what you should do is have a go with some game engines such as Unreal and cryengine and unity. Take part in the modding community for games as well, this will show you are very dedicated about how games should be presented and will also show that you have had some experiences with game engines which is something everyone aspiring gamer should do as they will become one of your main tools in development
Closed Thread