View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Charlesmelodyc

Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss1
Default Just asking some Questions

I apologize in advance for any mistakes that I make throughout my thread and I thank you for any help you can provide for me. Well, now that that's out of the way, I would like to say a couple of things. I am 14 years old, and I understand that this is very young to be looking for a career. I am looking to go into level design, and possibly programming (I understand this is a very broad term as I am not sure what I am looking at here). I, like every other average high-schooler, play a lot of video games. I play Team Fortress 2 on the competitive level, which is why I would love going into level designs for gaming industry. I understand that TF2 is a first person game, but I would really love looking at other genres of games that may turn out to be more interesting. I mainly like the PC gaming genre, as it is, at least from my experiance, where the most dedicated gamers are. So that brings me to my main question, where do I start, and what are the first steps to becoming a level designer? I saw on another website that becoming a video game tester was a good way to get your foot in the door, but this does not seem interesting to me (but I am open to the idea). What are some starting programs that I can get into start my level designing? Once again, Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Charlesmelodyc : 10-04-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Charlesmelodyc is offline   Reply With Quote