Originally Posted by Sparkon
0) i'm an italian university student and next year i'll graduate (BS in computer science) with a 3.5 GPA ( i'm not 100% sure of this conversion
). I'm willing to enroll in game development/computer science MS, not for the master itself, but because this will allow me to enter in contact with other developers, and since i want to work in U.S.A. it will probably help me a lot.
My school of choice would be Digipen that offers a MS in computer science(and game development) . so :
1) is it hard to get admitted "as an international student" in digipen or in any other school that offer such program? On the net i can find a lot of information, but none for international.
2) since getting a job from outside U.S. is quite hard, i was hoping to get a job while or straight after college, before returning home. I've read that most of the Digipen graduates land a job ( even while in college ), but i'd like a real opinion from you guys!
3) in case i will not get a game-related job, a normal computer science job would be OK, maybe for the first two years, 'till i'll get some sort of temporary residence that will allow me to change job without getting kicked out from U.S.A.!
0. Interesting reasoning.
1. "The internet" is the wrong place to seek this information. The right place to get that information is from the school. I would assume that if you've got lots of money, that school would be happy to take it.
2. You can't get a job with just a student visa. You'll need to study up on what it takes to get a work visa.
3. I can't find a question #3. Or is it "please tell me if this dream is achievable or not"? Yes. (Anything is possible.)