View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
AlanChavez

Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss2
Default Can anyone help me to polish my resume?

Hello,
I am a computer science student and I am about to graduate. I would like to apply to DigiPen for a masters in Computer Science.
My GPA is 3.5 (overall) and 4.0 in Computer Science, I have research experience because I have interned in one of the most prestigious National Laboratories in the United States, and I've also been working as a research assistant for about 4 years now.
I have a very solid background with C/C++ and Java specially on topics like multithreaded and parallel programming, as well as High Performance Computing, I also have a very solid knowledge on Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
The only problem I see, is that I am studying in a tier 3 university.
This last summer, I applied to several game companies like Blizzard, Zynga, Electronic Arts, but all of them rejected me. However a lot of good universities and a company in China wanted me to intern with them, I had three choices and I finally decided to intern in a National Laboratory because of the prestige.
I am confident of my abilities of a programmer and a worker, I am a good and smart student and I can learn really fast. I consider myself as a must-have for most companies, but I haven't done any significant demo, or at least anything that I consider presentable.

I just want to know if someone can help me to build an eye-catching resume for game companies, or even an eye-catching resume for good schools in video games programming, like DigiPen.

A lot of people have told me that i shouldn't waste my time and knowledge trying to get into the video games industry, but this is what I want, and I want to get in as soon as possible, that's why I was looking for internships in companies like these ones.

I also have experience developing apps for iPhones and Androids, as well as a very very solid background on Flash/AS3 and Networking, but I just can't get an opportunity.

Any ideas?
Thanks a bunch!
Alan