- Come to the GDC 2016 Game Career Seminar to kickstart your career
GDC 2016 organizers highlight notable sessions in this year's Game Career Seminar, which features career guidance talks and advice from game industry veterans and successful newcomers alike.
- The Comeback: Why Warren Spector is making games again
"I wanted to make sure I didn't become one of those teachers who used to make games." After years away, veteran game designer Warren Spector tells Gamasutra why he's itching to make games again.
- Former Eidos CEO Ian Livingstone to open new UK computer science academies
Games Workshop co-founder and former Eidos CEO, Ian Livingstone, is opening two free UK schools to help the next generation get to grips with computer science, technology, and the arts.
- Don't miss all these great Summit sessions at GDC 2016
You've got roughly 2 days left until early registration for GDC 2016 ends Wednesday, February 3rd, and conference organizers encourage anyone interested in attending to register now at the discounted rate.
- USC Games is becoming an academic publisher for video games
The University of California's games program, USC Games, is going to try its hand at being a publisher, starting with games made by its own students.
- Crytek aims to open 'VR First' dev labs in schools around the world
Crytek is making a show of providing students with VR hardware & software -- including its own CryEngine tech -- in partnership with academic institutions via its new VR First initiative.
Sheridan College - Canada's largest art school and long recognized for excellence in animation, offers 2, 1-year post-graduate programs: Game Level Design, Game Development - Advanced Programming; and 2 BA programs: Game Design and Interaction Design.