- Valiant Hearts director designs indie game to help teach music history
Valiant Hearts co-director turned indie developer Joan Fanise talks briefly about the design goals and development process of emotive rhythm game Lost In Harmony, his studio's debut game.
- The Game Audio Starter Kit
"Want to start learning how to design adaptive audio for games? Here's what I did to put together a portfolio. Some project links, tips & code examples."
- Opinion: What can game devs learn from 19th century art?
Nineteenth century artist Gustave Caillebotte showed how old methods could be used to tackle new subjects in a stunningly expressive way. Game devs can do the same, says columnist Katherine Cross.
- Use limitations to make great game art: Advice from the 2015 Game Career Guide
In this edition, game developer and artist Randy O'Connor offers advice on making art for games within the limits of your abilities, budget and time. Those limitations are actually a great strength!
- Harmonix's Matt Boch takes up teaching role at NYU Game Center
Harmonix's project director Matt Boch, who currently oversees the studio's Dance Central series, has been appointed visiting associate arts professor at the NYU Game Center.
- How video game developers score art grants
More and more games are being partially or fully funded by grants from the NEA, the NEH, and state arts councils. WE share tips on how funding is secured, and what projects seem to find favor.
Southern New Hampshire University - SNHU
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, not-for-profit accredited university offering with online and campus based Game Art and Game Programming degree programs. Bring your video game characters to life at SNHU.